Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Next Big Thing Interview Questions

I was asked to participate in the Next Big Thing Interviews.  A thank you to Richard M. Cochran for including me.  So far, I will be followed by Sara Brooke and Jami Deise. 

What is the working title of your book?

Right now, my latest project is simply Dead Tide 3.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

Roughly five or six years ago, I found out about a publisher who was looking for zombie novels.  I was a huge Dawn of the Dead fan, and decided to write one myself.  This will technically be my fourth zombie book.

What genre does your book fall under?

Post-Apocalyptic Horror
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Haha, this should be fun!  Ving Rhames as Tracks, Denzel Washington as Bronte, Halle Berry as Janicea, Josh Brolin as Mills, John Cusack as Talaski, Brad Pitt as Keller, Charlize Theron as Trish, Michelle Pfeiffer as First Lady Julie Foster, Jack Nicholson as President Burt Foster, Daniel Craig as Jacobs, Emma Stone as Natalie, Jon Cryer as Morgan Blake.  No one came to mind for 'Dead Eye' Johnny.      

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

The last of the living grapple with the living dead at World's End.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

It is being published with Permuted Press.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Still working on this one, but it has been in the works for a few months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

None that I know of.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

Permuted Press originally inspired me to write this.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

I think it has a fast pace, and a wide variety of characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment